Funky Fresh is now CLOSED

We're leaving this great page up as a resource for ideas and inspiration but the store is no longer open. Come visit our new project: Amuse - Modern Cottage Industry in Press Bay Alley on Green St.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Molly Bargar


Meet Molly Bargar.  She makes thase swanky coasters and sells them here at Funky Junk.  But she's got a lot more going on in her creative world than the inventive coaster's you see here.


"My professional background is in Social Work.  I’ve worked with the Big Brothers Big Sisters Program in Ithaca for the past 8 years but have always been involved in making some type of art. Both my parents are artists, and I think the need to create was just passed down to me. Even as a kid I would paint any furniture I could get my hands on (I guess now that’s called upcycling.) Now, as an adult I’m focused on photography, and interested in graphic design, as well as fun crafts!"


"I think the need to create is innate.  Creating something--whether it’s art, music, food, etc. tends to make people happy!  It fills a need that is not substitutable by other means and helps us to feel whole."


"The coasters are just one part of my creative life.  I have various artistic and craftistic ventures including (but not limited to): making diaper cakes, rubber stamping, collage, and upcycling furniture.  My main artistic passion is photography which I use as a way to bring voice to those people and places who are often unheard or unseen."


"The coasters themselves are a lot like me—not always perfect, but fun and kinda useful anyway!"


Check out more of Molly's creativity at her websites 

3 comments:

Cathy Bargar said...

What a fabulous little blurb! Molly is a very talented artist - check out her photography at www.mollybphotography.portfoliobox.net and you will see not only amazing photographs of high artistic merit in their own right, but a glimpse of the character and passion that motivate everything she does. She has a kind, deeply sensitive nature that shines through everything she does, and that ties her work together with her "life".

Also, her coasters at FunkyJunk are very fun - irresistable, in fact. Try them, you'll like them!

amanda said...

Thanks for the kind words Cathy- I think YOU could have written the blog post about Molly! Thanks for stopping by to read and comment.

Kristina said...

How much do we love Molly's photography too? SO MUCH!!!

Post a Comment

We love comments! let us know what you think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...